Sponsored by Stella & Dot
I first heard of Stella & Dot back in 2007. A friend of a friend had just started selling it and wanted to let me know so I could include it in my research for the website I was creating. One look and I immediately fell in love with the stylish jewelry and accessories!
Fast forward a couple of years, after I’d already launched The Work at Home Woman. I was connecting with lots of women both locally and nationally. It was at this time that I met Tracy, a fellow Texan, and Stella & Dot Stylist. She reached out to me and asked if I’d be interested in hosting a show for her.
I usually don’t agree to this sort of thing. Especially for individuals that I don’t know very well. But I felt compelled to help her out; plus, I adored the product line — so I hosted a trunk show for her.
Everyone at the party loved the jewelry, even my mom, who typically doesn’t splurge on fashion accessories. It was after this party, that I started looking more in-depth into the Stella & Dot business opportunity.
What is Stella & Dot?
Stella & Dot started in 2003 and is a woman-owned and ran direct sales company that sells boutique-style jewelry, watches, handbags, sunglasses, gifts, clothing, and accessories through Independent Stylists. The one of a kind collections are designed by New York designers and have been featured in the likes of Gossip Girl, In Style, and Lucky Magazine.
Over the years, Stella & Dot grew their family brand to include EVER, which sells skincare products, makeup, and beauty regimens, and Keep Collective, which sells personalized charm jewelry. Now when you join as a Stella & Dot Ambassador — you’re able to sell all three brands in one simple program!
The Stella & Dot Product Line
All of Stella & Dot’s products are designed in-house by their team of award-winning designers. Originally, Stella & Dot started out as a jewelry company, but have since expanded their line to include jewelry (including engravables, charms, and luxe, fine pieces in 14k gold), bags, purses, and totes (including pebble-grain leather), clothing (in sizes XXS-2X), accessories, skincare products, makeup, and beauty regimens!
With such a diverse line of products, there is something for everyone! All products come with a delight guarantee. If for any reason your customers are unhappy with their selections, they can exchange or return them within 90-days of the order date. Shipping for returns and exchanges is free of charge.
How Much Does it Cost Get Started with Stella & Dot?
You can sign-up as a Stella & Dot Ambassador for just $99 — which includes a product sample from each brand, as well as professional business supplies such as lookbooks, order forms, training materials, a personalized website for one year. They also have larger kits and add-ons that can be purchased for discounted prices as well. The Stella & Dot business opportunity is open to residents of the US and Canada.
How Much Can You Earn as a Stella & Dot Ambassador?
Stylists earn up to 40 percent in commissions on products, plus, they can earn free business supplies and discounted products from all three brands. If you choose to build a team, you can earn even more. The Stella & Dot Ambassador program can be a fun side gig, or it can evolve into a full-fledged six-figure business.
- The average trunk show produces just over $1,000 in sales, earning the Ambassadors between $250 to $300 for a 90-minute party. Ambassadors can also earn incentive trips, prizes, free products, and more.
- Stella & Dot pays Ambassadors weekly via a Stella & Dot debit card.
- After the first year, your personalized website costs $49 quarterly or $159 annually.
- Ambassadors can sell products through trunk shows, lookbooks, and online.
- To incentivize trunk shows, hostesses earn 50% off product on select styles (based on sales during the event) as well as the free product.
- With Stella & Dot, there are no requirements for staying active as an Ambassador. You make your hours, set your goals, and if you don’t hit a personal target, it doesn’t affect your account.
- Stella & Dot comes out with two full-lines of new products in the spring and fall. They also have two smaller launches during the summer and winter, and various launches throughout the year with small capsule collections.
- New Ambassadors are paired with a regional sales director through a Facebook Group, they also receive printed training material, an email series, and every Tuesday there is a training call that focuses on a different aspect of the business. Stella & Dot also has an annual conference, called Hoopla! which is a massive event geared towards launching new products, new business practices, training, and Ambassador recognition.
Is Stella & Dot a Scam?
No, Stella & Dot is not a scam. It is a multi-level marketing opportunity that was started by the work-at-home mom, Jessica Herrin in 2003. Since that time, Jessica has grown the business to record heights. Stella & Dot has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
There are some complaints that the jewelry is overpriced and that the products are poor in quality. I’ve personally bought many pieces and never had any problems or complaints. Of course, the best way for you to make a decision about the products is to host a show, and test and feel them out for yourself.
What Are My Thoughts on the Stella & Dot Ambassador Program?
I’m already a fan and purchaser of the products, but what I like about this company is the extensive training and community that they offer their Ambassadors.
Another aspect I like is, it seems like it would be easy to sell in everyday life – meaning that you simply wear the jewelry or clothing out and about, and when someone asks about it, you give them your business card or a catalog.
The third thing I really like is the diverse product line and price points from all three brands, Stella & Dot, EVER, and Keep Collective.
There are items that cost as little as $10, and items that cost as much as $299 which makes it easy to appeal to a wide array of budgets. With the higher price point items, your overall show average is higher making it easier to increase your income. They also have a HUGE product line that will appeal to a wide variety of styles, niches, and tastes!
Stella & Dot comes out with new products in the spring and fall, and they also give back to the community through their Stella & Dot Foundation. Since the Foundation’s inception in 2010, over $3 million has been donated worldwide to causes like breast cancer and autism.
If you’d like to find out more about the Stella & Dot Ambassador program, click here.
Originally published on November 2012. Content updated October 24, 2019.
This post was sponsored by Stella & Dot and written by Holly Reisem Hanna. Please be aware that we only promote advertising from companies that we feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers. See our disclosure policy for further information.